Given ongoing concerns about vaping-associated lung illness, those who choose to vape cannabis extracts should consider the following advice to help reduce health risks.
Consider the following:
- Only use vaping products obtained from legal sources. Illegal or unregulated sources are not subject to any control or oversight and may pose additional risks to health and safety
- Don’t change or modify your vape.
- Always read the label to understand the strength of the product. The potency of THC (% or mg/g) is on the label.
- You may begin to feel effects within minutes, but full effects can take up to 30 minutes.
- Limit how much and how often you use.
Remember, the long term health effects of vaping remain unknown.
Vaping side effects
Vaping THC and/or nicotine has been associated with severe breathing problems requiring hospitalization. In some cases, deaths have occurred.
If you do not currently smoke or vape cannabis, you should not start.
People who have never smoked or vaped before should consider other forms of cannabis instead of inhaling to avoid the associated health risks.
Second-hand cannabis smoke or vapour is harmful, especially for children or women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
If you want to know more check out the Council of Chief Medical Officers Statement on EET’s.